Our beloved STARTHEFRIAR lines up in the WA DAY CUP at Northam Racecourse this Monday. Having a fantastic prep, we are sure he will do us proud again. Here is a look at the mission at hand.
Northam r7 3.55pm WA time 3/6/19
2. Wanna Be Good (8); Has been most consistent since arriving in WA against tougher opposition than most he faces today. Has to carry 60kgs at first try 1600m but one of the hardest to beat.
3. Musical Art (6); Close to the best performed horse in race but that is at 2000m plus deeper in prep. Nice trial for this and respect on ability.
4. Skinnen Tins (4); Bobbed up at big odds in Saturday grade a few runs back and has been competitive since. Has won this track & distance and looks very hard to beat.
5. Startthefriar (9); Too Classy for them at York where he is undefeated. The last 100m is a query but ridden patiently he has a sharp finishing burst that will be hard to hold out and he has Pike who is the wizard at timing his runs.
6. Uncle Lino (3) ; Hasn’t been beaten far in reasonable races but prefers a wet track which is unlikely to be presented today. Not hopeless in a very wide open affair.
7. Boxonlucy (2); Been racing in easier company for mixed results. A wet track improves her chances.
8. Grand Cadeau (10); Current form doesn’t look up to these.
9. Point (14); This 7yo mare once showed potential. Current form is not her best and draw makes it tough.
10. A Slippery Customer (12); Upset winner at bolter’s odds this distance Ascot midweeks when actually got lovely trail on our (Starthefriars) back and finished off hard. Might not get as good a run but has to be in the mix if it can repeat that effort.
11. O’reilly’s Crumpet (1); Enormous 4th at 150/1 behind A Slippery Customer when bombed the start before flooding home, going past Starthefriar. Back to his poor form next start at Pinjarra where got back and failed to run on. Very hard to trust and barrier 1 not ideal for him but a repeat of Ascot could see him place at massive odds.
12. Blazing Business (13); Was soundly beaten by Starthefriar last start and previous efforts not up to this.
13.Black Smuggler (11); Hard to see him turning the tables on Starthefriar in current form but has ok track & distance form if he rediscovered his best and got a nice run.
14. Law Major (7); Looks outclassed on current form.
SELECTIONS ; 5 4 2 10; Not as confident as last start but putting us on top in a very open race. Will need a Willy Pike special but has the ability and is at the top of his game. If you would like to have your own runner go round as part of the Lucky Duck Racing flock then check out our unraced 2yo Angelique’s Fame. 5% shares going for $900 with ongoing costs approx $150 month.
1st 2 4 5
2nd 2 4 5 10 $6 Quinella
3rd 2 3 4 5 6 10 $24 Trifecta
4th 2 3 4 5 6 10 $72 First 4